The OPNids project aims to be a project that is friendly for users, developers and partners.
In this world with trademarks a copyright it is best to “keep things as simple as possible, but not simpler”. Below we pointed out the Licensing and Trademark rules we use.
OPNids is licensed under an Open Source Initiative approved license.
We like the BSD license, a simple two clause license that gives freedom to the audience we want to serve. It basically gives you the right to do whatever you want to do with the code, even fork it and take it from there.
OPNids BSD 2-Clause "Simplified" or "FreeBSD" license
OPNids® is Copyright © 2018 - 2019
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
OPNids is based on FreeBSD
Copyright © The FreeBSD Project. All rights reserved.
The authors of OPNids would like to thank all contributors for their efforts.
OPNids is a registered trademark. If you wish to use the name or logo in any way, you must comply with this policy.
- The name and logo may be used to promote OPNids based products or services.
- The name and logo may be used to promote or serve OPNids or related projects and their communities.
- When using the logo on online media like websites, social media and apps the logo should link to https://opnids.io
- You must request our permission to use derivatives of the name and/or logo at project at opnids.org prior to any use of the derivative name and/or logo, and we may grant or withhold permission to use the derivative name and/or logo in our sole discretion.
- You may not state or otherwise lead people to believe, that you represent the OPNids project in any way other than as an individual or corporate contributor to the project.
The official OPNids logo is available for download.
If you have any questions about this policy, its interpretation, or want to ask for permission please email email@example.com